So what’s the difference between the Casual and Competitive? There are a few tweaks that make the game a bit smoother for new CS players looking to get their feet wet. Here’s how the two stack up in the current build:
- Start with $2000 minimum.
- Matches last 30 minutes.
- Each round lasts 3 minutes.
- You have 45 seconds to buy (NOT freeze time).
- Free spectate either team.
- Start with kevlar and helmet already bought.
- Friendly fire slows down your teammates but doesn’t hurt them.
- Can voice chat between teams (only when dead as far as I know).
- Start with $800 minimum.
- Matches last 30 rounds.
- Each round lasts 2 minutes.
- You have 45 seconds to buy.
- You can only spectate your team and only in first person.
- You have to buy kevlar and helmet if you want it.
- Friendly fire is lethal; beware of trolls!
- Voice chat will probably be limited to your team.