The Xbox Live Arcade version of Minecraft launched a little over a month ago, with mixed responses. While it broke the XBLA day-one sales record and quickly passed the 1 million sold mark, there were still a lot of issues with the game. Furthermore, the game was an older version of Minecraft than was then on the PC.
Well, yesterday’s patch brings the XBLA version a number of new features as well as fixes. Check out the complete list below:
- An autosave, and the ability to turn autosave off, or set it from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in 15 minute steps.
- Split the sensitivity controls into an in-game sensitivity and an in-menu sensitivity.
- An Interface Opacity slider in the settings for plasma screen users.
- A gamertag display in splitscreen, and the ability to enable/disable it in the settings.
- An option in the settings menu to enable/disable in-game hints.
- An option in the settings menu to enable/disable tooltips.
- A coordinate display to the in-game map.
- New sections in the How To Play on Multiplayer, Sharing Screenshots, and What’s New.
- A warning message when attempting to place lava near the spawn area.
- Leaderboard crash when toggling between filters/leaderboards.
- Server disconnect message appearing when offline or in leaderboards.
- Issue where posting a screenshot to Facebook caused a back out to the main menu.
- Clay generation.
- ‘Awaiting Approval’ showing all the time on some signs.
- Various crafting menu fixes.
- Being able to stand on sugarcane.
- Intermittent crash on saving.
- Duplication bug with the furnace and dispenser.
- Not being able to place water near the spawn area.
- Intermittent problem on entering the Nether putting the player above the Nether world.
- Frame-rate drop around the edge of the world.
- Intermittent problem where some achievements were not being awarded.
- Graphical issue with stairs.
- Issue with enemies spawning inside a house when they shouldn’t.
- Zombie Pigmen not being counted for leaderboard scores.
I just played the XBLA version of Minecraft myself last night, and I’m glad to see that the autosave feature can be altered. As it was, it was very startling to have your game suddenly paused to be saved. Still, I’m glad to see many of the issues that were fixed, although it was fun to stand on sugarcane…
Hopefully, another update will be coming soon.