Like many hotly anticipated games (I’m looking at you, Diablo), Guild Wars 2 had its fair share of issues at launch. But now that ArenaNet has gotten most of those problems under wraps, the developer is looking to expand Guild Wars 2 to Mac computers.
The Guild Wars 2 Mac beta was officially announced yesterday. Working in conjunction with Transgaming and its Cider technology, ArenaNet has been able to make the Mac beta version of the game available to play now. It connects to the same servers as the PC version of the game. Any version of GW2 that you buy is playable on both Mac and PC. ArenaNet even mentions how it and its employees are huge fans of the Mac OS, so Mac players won’t be neglected. The developers want to play the game on their Macs, too.
In addition to announcing the Mac beta yesterday, ArenaNet has also released two patches on Monday and Tuesday. The patches mostly addressed bugs within the game as well as tweaking some professions’ abilities. However, you can check the full patch notes below:
- Asuran players will now aim toward their targets when using a rifle.
- Fixed various broken events and skill challenges.
- Fixed various locations that allowed players to move outside the map.
- Fixed various locations on maps where players could become stuck.
- Discovery crafting may now use items directly from a player’s bank.
- Fixed bugs in the Exploration achievement so players can now receive 100% map completion.
- Added a system to limit the experience and gold that players can receive from speed-farming dungeons.
- Fixed missing female voice over lines that were not playing during some story cinematic sequences
- Fixed an issue where NPCs would stop moving and result in some events from being blocked
- Fixed a Mac client crash and added better crash reporting support
- Fixed bugs in “A Different Dream,” “A Fragile Peace,” “Dredging Up the Past,” “Forging the Pact,” “Pastkeeper,” “Ships of the Line,” “Stealing Secrets,” “The Priory Assailed,” and “The Source of Orr.”
- Reduced the overall difficulty in “Dead of Winter.”
- Retaliation: This boon no longer reflects damage received from siege weapons.
- The Experimental Rifle is no longer usable in World-versus-World.
- Smoldering Arrow: This skill’s casting time has been reduced.
- The Prestige: This skill now requires full recharge if it’s interrupted at any time.
- Descent of Shadows: This trait’s effect can now only trigger once every 8 seconds.
- Rocket Boots: This skill is no longer usable underwater. This is a temporary change until we can figure out why players can launch themselves into the sky using this skill.
- Detonate Mine Field: This skill is no longer a blast finisher.